Motivation & Purpose
The innocence of our children, the unity of our marriages and the moral fabric of our communities are under assault.
Sexualized messages continue to undermined a biblical sexuality and our cultures foundations. Children are especially vulnerable to uninvited internet images, enticements or sextings that convey everything but a healthy sexuality.
For the last forty years a cultural war has raged across America, subtly but swiftly and effectively destroying the moral foundations of our nation. Marriage is being redefined and traditional marriages are being destroyed. Families are devastated. Children suffer the “death of innocence”, losing meaning and purpose.
- 62% of men attending Promise Keepers acknowledge that sexual purity is the #1 issue they face in their Christian lives. No other issue is even in the double digits.
- The American teenager leads the industrialized world in sexually transmitted diseases, and unwanted pregnancies.
- Pornography is a bigger business in the United States than major league baseball, professional football and professional basketball combined. Statistics reveal that Americans spend more than one billion dollars per month on pornography and sexually oriented businesses.
- The sexualized messages of the culture are everywhere from television and magazines to the Internet and now they are available on devices such as mobile phones, IPods and PlayStations.
- According to Ernie Allen, Executive Director of the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children (NCMEC), data shows 100,000 to 293,000 children have become sexual commodities.
- Nationally 300,000 – 400,000 children run away from home each year. 1 out of every 3 teens on the street will be lured toward prostitution and pornography within 48 hours of leaving home. Statistically, this means at least 150,000 children lured into prostitution each year.
- 12 year old is the average age of entry into pornography and prostitution in the U.S.
This is the issue of our day! It’s not just harmless fun! It is critical that we take a stand to protect our children and families.
Join us by staying informed through our E-Newsletter. Sign-up above.
- We must act now!
- If not you…who?
- If not now…when?
- If not here…where?