Stand up for the Boy Scouts of America
On May 23rd, Boy Scout leaders from each state will meet together to vote on whether or not to amend its longstanding membership policy restricting open and avowed homosexuals. BSA have emailed a survey to parents to establish how they feel about the changes.
We need you to get involved!
Your local council executive and at least one local citizen will represent your community by voting for or against a resolution to change the current policy.
• We believe scouting should not include homosexual men who go on overnight camping trips with young boys.
• We believe scouting should not cave to political correctness is the form of social experimentation.
• We believe scouting should not make its religious sponsoring organizations vulnerable to lawsuits by homosexual activist. (Chartering organizations are currently protected, but any change to the policy could severely jeopardize that legal protection.)
Read the Alliance Defending Freedom’s “Summary of Alliance Defending Freedom’s Letter to the Boy Scouts of America.”
Read ADF’s fact sheet and legal analysis based on the letter to the BSA
Read the BSA’s Survey to Parents
Take Action – Supporting Scouting!
- Visit or call your local council executive. Click Here for Kansas City Area – Heart of America Council with District Leadership
• Ask your local scout executive where his position is.
• Politely share your concerns and ask your local council representative to vote against any change to the current membership policy.
- Sign this petition to the Boy Scouts of America. AFA will hand deliver this petition to the BSA on May 22, one day before the vote takes place.
- Spread the word!